Vice President, Research
The Vice President, Research supports Coqual’s research and publications on diversity, equity, and inclusion, taking a lead role in qualitative analysis and producing reports. This role will lead a team employing a range of rigorous methods to acquire qualitative data, interpret it, and present findings in oral and written form. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in conducting qualitative social or organizational research, including project management, design, analysis, and interpretation; stakeholder management; reporting and writing; and awareness of and interest in emerging issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Strong writing skills and experience managing others are essential.
The role’s contributions will include overseeing in-depth literature reviews, continued enhancement of qualitative methods, and editing reports and other content. This role will also participate in the development of research projects, from topic to scope and execution, analysis and reporting, as well as sponsor management. This is an opportunity for a sharp thinker and storyteller to delve into urgent workplace diversity issues and uncover transformative solutions. This position will oversee half of a growing research team, serve as a counterpart to a quantitative methods-focused VP, and report to an Executive Vice President.
- Contribute substantially to Coqual’s research projects, from idea generation through publication
- Oversee the planning and conducting of all qualitative research; manage analysis of qualitative findings, and maintain data integrity
- Manage design of questionnaires for interviews, focus groups, and surveys
- Conduct focus groups and interviews
- Set project standards and monitor progress
- Manage and develop the team responsible for the above
- Communicate interim and final research findings in a clear, concise, and actionable manner to senior corporate stakeholders
- Create and edit clear, informative reports for clients
- Other responsibilities as needed
- MA, MS, or PhD required, in a social science or editorial area, with coursework in qualitative methods and/or organizational behavior
- 3-5 years of experience in an academic or non-academic research setting or consultancy; a focus on relevant topics is a strong plus
- Demonstrated applied research skills, with excellent methodological and analytic capabilities
- Management experience, with the ability to mentor and develop staff members
- Strong writing and editorial skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong public speaking skills
- Some knowledge of report/publication production process
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to tell a compelling story by synthesizing quantitative and qualitative insights
- Commitment to data quality, objectivity, and integrity
- Detail-oriented, especially around research and how it is presented
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to balance multiple work streams
- Ability to work both independently and effectively as a team player
- Experience working with corporate clients a plus
- Familiarity with DE&I concepts
- High energy and passion for Coqual’s mission is essential
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits.
Location: New York, NY
Please email cover letter, resume, and research writing sample to: [email protected]
Applications will be processed on a rolling basis. Only those whose application is being considered will be contacted.