Vice President, Advisory Services
Coqual is a New York based think tank that conducts research, builds community, and advises companies to design diverse, inclusive workplaces where every person belongs.
Coqual currently works with 100+ companies, many in the Fortune 500, and is organized along three pillars:
- Coqual’s Task Force of member companies – a community of global business leaders who are committed to diversity and inclusion.
- Ground-breaking research and publications on the most important issues in diversity and inclusion.
- Advisory services through our consulting group, which helps companies implement Coqual research.
This position is presently 100% remote due to COVID-19. We expect to return to Coqual’s large, bright office in midtown later this year, though Coqual aims to be flexible regarding work-from-home considerations.
The Vice President brings Coqual’s rich research findings into practice at client companies helping them to build more inclusive and effective organizations. The Vice President will work across projects focused on diversity, equity & inclusion strategy and programming. This role will lead project teams to collect and analyze data for client organizations, as well as develop strategic plans and recommendations based on the findings. The Vice President will work across our advisory services offerings, which include culture diagnostics and leadership development. They will also create and conduct webinars, workshops, and presentations based on Coqual research.
Success in this position is predicated on a high level of analytical ability, establishing and maintaining respected client relationships, highly effective communication and facilitation skills, and the ability to deliver high-quality and high-impact deliverables. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have demonstrated success working collaboratively and experience in and passion for diversity and inclusion. This position will report to an Executive Vice President.
- Lead ongoing client engagements and business development with new clients
- Build DEI strategies and create targeted solutions
- Write and conduct surveys, interviews, and focus groups
- Create clear, informative reports and/or other decks
- Develop project workplans
- Communicate clearly and effectively in day-to-day written and verbal communications with team members and/or clients
- Brainstorm and support development of new Advisory product offerings
- Lead and support conducting of Coqual Webinars
- Work with integrity, serve as a good teammate, and uphold Coqual’s values
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, social science, or related discipline; MBA or Master’s degree in related field preferred
- 7-10 years of experience at a large corporation or in management consulting, with a focus on client engagement and leading and managing project teams
- Strong expertise in organizational effectiveness and/or culture/cultural change
- Demonstrated experience and interest in addressing talent and DEI related issues
- Comfortable with data-driven storytelling; a data visualization background, a plus
- Strong facilitation skills and ability to manage difficult conversations in workshops
- Highly detail-oriented and accurate in approach and execution
- Creative problem-solving skills, with ability to contribute to client-oriented solutions
- Thrive working both independently and collaborating within a team structure
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with ability to manage multiple workstreams simultaneously
- High emotional intelligence
- Flexible and adaptable style
- Excellent Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- High energy and passion for Coqual’s mission is essential
- Ability to travel as needed
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits.
Location: New York, NY
How to Apply
Please email the following to [email protected]:
1) a resume, and 2) a cover letter that explains why you are interested in this job.
Applications will be processed on a rolling basis. Only those whose application is being considered will be contacted. No phone calls or emails, please.
Coqual wishes to attract the best talent to ensure we are delivering on our mission. We believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success. To meet this goal, we must have a workplace where differences are appreciated and respected. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, physical and mental disability, national origin, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.