Senior Vice President, Leadership Development
Coqual is a New York based think tank that conducts research, builds community, and advises companies to design diverse, inclusive workplaces where every person belongs.
Coqual currently works with 100+ companies, many in the Fortune 500, and is organized along three pillars:
- Coqual’s Task Force of member companies – a community of global business leaders who are committed to diversity and inclusion.
- Ground-breaking research and publications on the most important issues in diversity and inclusion.
- Advisory services through our consulting group, which helps companies implement Coqual research.
This position is presently 100% remote due to COVID 19. In 2021, we expect to return to Coqual’s large, bright office in midtown, though Coqual aims to be flexible regarding work-from-home considerations
The Senior Vice President, Leadership Development brings Coqual’s rich research findings into practice at client companies. The successful candidate will craft cutting-edge leadership development programs, as well as provide world-class consulting services delivery to clients. They will bring particular expertise in learning and development (L&D), as well as experience in one of Coqual’s other areas of focus: diversity, equity, inclusion; cutting-edge leadership; talent management; and/or change management. This leader will build educational solutions for Fortune 500 and other client companies to educate leaders about how to create more inclusive, equitable cultures. They will also manage a team of consultants to design and deliver programs. In addition, they will forge new relationships, while cultivating and engaging existing client relationships, to grow Coqual’s pipeline. This unique, entrepreneurial role provides an opportunity to implement real, meaningful change in companies around the world.
- Play an active, externally facing role to build and drive new business and acquire new client engagements
- Design and deliver client projects, especially those focused on L&D/leadership development
- Identify and leverage opportunities for our full suite of services to be implemented at client companies
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop new offerings rooted in Coqual research
- Oversee projects and teams where required
- Upskill L&D team members to design and deliver independently
- Develop proposals with a long-term relationship-management approach
- Oversee research of client targets and industries
- Other responsibilities and travel as needed
- 10+ years of experience, at least two of those years at the senior level; 3+ years ideally at a large corporation or in management consulting, with a focus on leadership development
- Strong expertise in learning and development (L&D) and experience or demonstrated interest in addressing talent and diversity related issues
- Demonstrated success in relationship management, stakeholder engagement, and project development
- Creativity and thought leadership; ability to approach projects strategically and surface insightful solutions
- Awareness of global trends and issues in business and economy; deep knowledge of one or more industries a plus
- Excellent organizational, oral, and written communications skills
- High emotional intelligence
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can think at a both strategic and tactical level
- Excellent Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- High energy and passion for Coqual’s mission is essential
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or Master’s degree in related field preferred
Location: New York, NY
How to Apply:
Please email resume, work samples, and fee information to: [email protected]
Applications will be processed on a rolling basis. Only those whose application is being considered will be contacted.