Senior Research Associate
Coqual is a New York based think tank that conducts research, builds community, and advises companies to design diverse, inclusive workplaces where every person belongs.
Coqual currently works with 100+ companies, many in the Fortune 500, and is organized along three pillars:
- Coqual’s Task Force of member companies – a community of global business leaders who are committed to diversity and inclusion.
- Groundbreaking research and publications on the most important issues in diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Advisory services through our consulting group, which helps companies implement Coqual research.
The Senior Associate provides support for Coqual’s work across all pillars, taking on a significant role in quantitative and qualitative data analyses of topics relating to diversity and inclusion and talent management. The Associate collaborates with the Coqual research and advisory services teams to collect and analyze data and to develop output based on project needs, including for research reports, proposals, presentations, webinars, and project report-outs.
The position supports Coqual’s research on diversity and inclusion by collaborating with the research team to develop analytical approaches, lead data collection efforts, conduct robust and nuanced data analyses and output, and identify and feature best practices from companies that are instructive for others. The position also supports Coqual’s advisory services by partnering to design data collection methodologies and protocols, managing data aggregation and leading detailed analyses, in addition to applying insights from Coqual’s research to clients’ business and project objectives.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in research design, quantitative and qualitative analysis, findings development and interpretation, and team communication, as well as awareness and interest in emerging issues of diversity and inclusion.
This position will report to the Vice President, Research. This position is based in New York City, currently remote due to Covid-19.
Responsibilities to include:
- Write and design questionnaires for interviews, focus groups, and surveys
- Conduct and/or assist in conducting focus groups and interviews
- Collaboratively lead process to execute surveys
- Gather, aggregate, organize, and clean data using Excel and Stata or SPSS
- Analyze and synthesize data into impactful and effective insights and themes
- Communicate findings in a clear, concise, and actionable manner
- Fact check findings against Coqual data and external data
- Create clear, informative reports for internal and external clients
- Research and write up company best practices for Coqual reports
- Conduct external research using both web and academic sources
- Support development of project workplans and offer creative approaches to emerging issues
- Communicate clearly and effectively in day-to-day written and verbal communications with team members and/or clients
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor’s degree with coursework in statistics
- Strong statistical, quantitative and qualitative analysis skills, with ability to hypothesize findings and implications from analysis output
- Keen interest in diversity and inclusion topics and workplace solutions
- Highly detail-oriented in approach and execution
- Creative problem-solving skills, with ability to independently build solutions
- Thrive working both independently and collaborating within a team structure
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with ability to manage multiple workstreams
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Advanced ability in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in Stata or SPSS
- Excellent Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook skills
- Consulting experience or experience working with corporate clients a plus
- High energy and passion for Coqual’s mission including diversity and inclusion topics and workplace solutions is essential
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits.
How to Apply:
Please email the following to [email protected]:
1) Resume and 2) a cover letter that explains why you are interested in this job. Please include relevant qualifications and experience.
Applications will be processed on a rolling basis. Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted.
Coqual wishes to attract the best talent to ensure we are delivering on our mission. We believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success. To meet this goal, we must have a workplace where differences are appreciated and respected. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, physical and mental disability, national origin, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristics protected by applicable law.