Senior Associate, Business Development
Coqual is a New York based think tank that conducts research, builds community, and advises companies to design diverse, inclusive workplaces where every person belongs.
Coqual currently works with 100+ companies, many in the Fortune 500, and is organized along three pillars:
1. Coqual’s Task Force of member companies – a community of global business leaders who are committed to diversity and inclusion.
2. Ground-breaking research and publications on the most important issues in diversity and inclusion.
3. Advisory services through our consulting group, which helps companies implement Coqual research.
The Senior Associate, Business Development tracks relationships and monitors outreach efforts with Coqual’s Task Force members and clients. The successful candidate will help implement Coqual’s strategic outreach plans, ensuring Task Force members and prospects are engaged and aware of member benefits, and that clients and prospects are regularly engaged as well. This candidate will research and vet business development opportunities and projects directly for the office of the CEO.
A key piece of their responsibility is to establish and manage systems to support business expansion, strategic partnerships and growth. This position will report to the Senior Vice President, Strategic Outreach and Partnerships. This position is based in New York City, currently remote due to Covid-19.
Responsibilities to include:
- Support and sustain relationships with Task Force member clients
- Build, maintain, and socialize an effective customer relationship management system
- Help to design, delegate, and drive member engagement and business development strategies
- Conduct research of funding sources, targets, and industries
- Contribute to the development of segmenting and tracking tools to monitor membership goals and prioritize opportunities
- Assist with drafting business plans, sales pitches, presentations, reference material, and other documents as required
- Collaborate cross-functionally with several teams including research and operations
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines
- Identify new business opportunities and partners
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Highly detail-oriented and accurate in approach and execution
- Creative problem-solving skills, with ability to contribute to client-oriented solutions
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage effectively with various levels of management, staff, and clients.
- Thrive working both independently and collaborating within a team structure
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with ability to manage multiple workstreams simultaneously
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills with advanced PowerPoint and Excel ability
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits.
How to Apply:
Please email the following to [email protected]:
1) Resume, and 2) a cover letter that explains why you are interested in this job.
Applications will be processed on a rolling basis. Only those whose application is being considered will be contacted. No phone calls or emails, please.
Coqual wishes to attract the best talent to ensure we are delivering on our mission. We believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success. To meet this goal, we must have a workplace where differences are appreciated and respected. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, physical and mental disability, national origin, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristics protected by applicable law.