Research Project Manager
Coqual is a New York based think tank that conducts research, builds community, and advises companies to design diverse, inclusive workplaces where every person belongs.
Coqual currently works with 100+ companies, many in the Fortune 500, and is organized along three pillars:
- Coqual’s Task Force of member companies – a community of global business leaders who are committed to diversity and inclusion.
- Groundbreaking research and publications on the most important issues in diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Advisory services through our consulting group, which helps companies implement Coqual research.
Coqual produces innovative thought leadership on diversity, equity, and inclusion—and the research team’s Project Manager has a crucial role in ensuring the organization’s ideas make it onto the page and into the world. A crucial member of the research team, the Project Manager’s core responsibility is to build and adjust project plans, and to help the team work together to put out reports that are innovative, high-quality, and error-free. The Project Manager facilitates the research and publication processes, working with the team to meet deadlines and stakeholder expectations. This position requires establishing timelines and workstreams, organizing meetings, and building relationships with internal and external stakeholders (e.g., designers, copyeditors, and project sponsors). Prior experience in project and vendor management, attention to detail, collaborative nature, and a passion for process are a must. Experience in writing/copyediting/design are a plus. Members of our research team also conduct qualitative research. Development of protocols and facilitation of interviews and focus groups may also become part of the Project Manager’s responsibilities.
This position will report to the Vice President, Research. This position is based in New York City, currently remote due to Covid-19.
Responsibilities to include:
- Leading project planning sessions
- Developing detailed project plans
- Tracking progress against plans and adapting as needed
- Ensuring projects meet deadlines
- Anticipating risk and identifying contingencies
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation
- Balancing the needs of multiple projects concurrently
- Coordinating internal resources and communications
- Building strong relationships across functions with Coqual colleagues
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with third parties/vendors and other external stakeholders
- Leading publications production (e.g., securing quote approvals, liaising with copyeditor and designer, etc.)
- Supporting qualitative research
- Supporting other research stakeholder engagement
- Other responsibilities as needed
- B.A./B.S. degree
- Proven working experience as a project manager
- Professional experience, preferably in the fields of copywriting, copy editing, and/or graphic design
- Keen attention to detail
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with ability to oversee multiple workstreams simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Adobe Creative Suite skills a plus
- Collaborative approach to relationship-building
- Strong passion for Coqual’s mission, including diversity and inclusion topics and workplace solutions
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits.
How to Apply
Please email the following to [email protected]:
1) Resume, and 2) a cover letter that explains why you are interested in this job. Please include relevant qualifications and experience.
Applications will be processed on a rolling basis. Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted.
Coqual wishes to attract the best talent to ensure we are delivering on our mission. We believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success. To meet this goal, we must have a workplace where differences are appreciated and respected. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, physical and mental disability, national origin, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristics protected by applicable law.