Manager, Accounting & Operations
Coqual is a New York based think tank that conducts research, builds community, and advises companies to design diverse, inclusive workplaces where every person belongs.
Coqual currently works with 100+ companies, many in the Fortune 500, and is organized along three pillars:
- Coqual’s Task Force of member companies – a community of global business leaders who are committed to diversity and inclusion.
- Ground-breaking research and publications on the most important issues in diversity and inclusion.
- Advisory services through our consulting group, which helps companies implement Coqual research.
We are looking for a detail-oriented and highly organized individual with a desire to make an impact, to join our team. The Manager, Accounting & Operations will be responsible for the month/quarter/year end close and general accounting duties, including implementation of accounting procedures and controls. This is an exciting role for talented individuals with an entrepreneurial mindset, who are looking to further develop or expand their skillset and take on responsibilities in the administrative and operational front, and comfortable switching between tasks and juggling multiple priorities.
Success in this position is predicated on attention to detail, expert knowledge of accounting principles and practices, strategic thinking, and problem skills, establishing and maintaining respected internal relationships, highly effective communication skills, and the ability to deliver in a timely manner to meet all internal and external deadlines. A passion or interest in diversity, equity, and inclusion will make this role even more rewarding. This position will report to the Finance Director.
- Managing month end close which includes recording cash receipts, cash disbursements, journal entries, and reconciling bank reconciliations via Quickbooks
- Oversee all activities related to A/P functions which include reviewing, coding, and processing invoices via online bill pay, ACH and wires, ensuring proper approval procedures are followed
- Conduct all A/R functions including invoice creation, deposits, recording and collections
- Responsible for maintaining and balancing the general ledger in an accurate and complete up-to-date manner
- Interpret and apply accounting policies, rules, and regulations to all work to ensure compliance with applicable standards
- Responsible for tax records and file quarterly payments; facilitate year end requirements (1099s, etc.)
- Project manage monthly and annual cycles, including year-end financial close and audit; preparing accurate financial and auditing schedules, supporting documentation, etc.
- Assist Director of Finance on the annual budget, month reporting and forecasting activities, and other ad-hoc projects related to systems implementation or process improvements
- Managing of new client onboarding information from an administrative and processing standpoint
- Oversight of maintaining online vendor billing and project/timekeeper systems
- Additional responsibilities related to administration, human resources or operations, as assigned by the Finance Director
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; nonprofit experience a plus; CPA designation preferred.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail while still meeting deadlines
- Minimum of 5-7 years relevant experience working in accounting and bookkeeping functions
- Advanced skills in QuickBooks (5 years preferred) or similar financial software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel & Word (3 years preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including GAAP and revenue recognition
- Knowledge of Ariba payment/billing system and Replicon a plus
- Strong verbal, problem solving and written communication skills
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits.
How to Apply
Please email the following to [email protected]:
1) a resume and 2) a cover letter that explains why you are interested in this job.
Applications will be processed on a rolling basis. Only those whose application is being considered will be contacted. No phone calls or emails, please.
Coqual wishes to attract the best talent to ensure we are delivering on our mission. We believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success. To meet this goal, we must have a workplace where differences are appreciated and respected. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, physical and mental disability, national origin, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.