Head of Advisory
Coqual is a New York based think tank that conducts research, builds community, and advises companies to design diverse, inclusive workplaces where every person belongs.
Coqual currently works with 100+ companies, many in the Fortune 500, and is organized along three pillars:
1. Coqual’s Task Force of member companies – a community of global business leaders who are committed to diversity and inclusion.
2. Ground-breaking research and publications on the most important issues in diversity and inclusion.
3. Advisory services through our consulting group, which helps companies implement Coqual research.
The Head of Advisory, reporting to the CEO, will be responsible for the strategic and operational success of our advisory services arm. This role will ensure effective team and client management, smart and strategic services development, and high quality program delivery. The successful candidate will also work collaboratively with a high-performance management team to make smart, impactful internal decisions, build on organizational culture and set strategic direction.
The Head of Advisory will oversee a growing team of 8, along with interns and external consultants. This role offers an extraordinary opportunity to grow and further develop our proven advisory services business pillar and increase Coqual’s broader impact.
• Lead the advisory services program area: Develop and lead major client engagements, including Coqual’s signature culture audit offering as well as its premier sponsorship and leadership development programs; expand and improve advisory service offerings
• Initiate, develop, maintain, and deepen relationships with clients; guide project teams to shape approach based on deep understanding of the client’s organization
• Ensure overall programmatic excellence, including quality and integrity throughout client engagement life cycles; surface and refine new ideas and interventions
• Present and facilitate with gravitas to senior stakeholders at client companies and at Coqual events
• Develop subject matter expertise in Coqual research
• Attract, develop, coach, and retain high-performance teams, empowering them to elevate their level of responsibility and skill
• Work with staff to develop systems to ensure consistent, high-quality project management
• Play an active, externally facing role in seeking, identifying, and marketing to new clients
Strategic Guidance and Leadership:
• Serve on the senior management team and help guide the organization’s strategic direction
• Provide leadership in development of inter-team communication and cohesiveness, sustaining
culture and supporting staff during periods of organizational growth
The Head of Advisory will be thoroughly committed to Coqual’s mission. All candidates should have demonstrated leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience and strong, demonstrated success managing consulting client relationships.
• 15+ years of experience, with 5+ at a top-level consulting firm, a market research firm, or leading HR/D&I programs at a Fortune 500 company
• More than 8 years of experience directly managing teams
• Service in a senior leadership role a strong plus
• Excellence in client and project management, with the ability to manage complex, multi-faceted client engagements simultaneously in order to meet strategic objectives and achieve measurable successes
• High degree of creativity, thought leadership, and awareness of global trends and issues in business and economy
• Demonstrated success developing and operationalizing innovative programs, interventions, and solutions
• Strength in recruiting, managing, and developing individuals and teams
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong quantitative acumen and rigor around numbers and data
• Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
• A team player who can operate collaboratively and effectively at all levels of the organization
• Solid judgment, leadership skills, business intuition, and common sense
• Strong orientation toward effective and empathetic management of direct reports, with a solid development mindset
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for Coqual’s mission
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits.
Location: New York, NY
Please email cover letter, resume, and research writing sample to: [email protected]
Applications will be processed on a rolling basis. Only those whose application is being considered will be contacted.