Coqual is a New York based think tank that conducts research, builds community, and advises companies to design diverse, inclusive workplaces where every person belongs.
Coqual currently works with 100+ companies, many in the Fortune 500, and is organized along three pillars:
- Coqual’s Task Force of member companies – a community of global business leaders who are committed to diversity and inclusion.
- Ground-breaking research and publications on the most important issues in diversity and inclusion.
- Advisory services through our consulting group, which helps companies implement Coqual research.
This position is presently 100% remote due to COVID 19.
Coqual is searching for an enthusiastic Events Coordinator with excellent planning skills to assist our organization in hosting events that feature cutting-edge ideas and speakers, enhance our organization’s image, and improve member loyalty. The Events Coordinator will be tasked with providing technical support for virtual events, receiving and processing requests from vendors and speakers, assisting with events marketing, networking, and delivering on event brief objectives. The Events Coordinator will work closely with the Advisory team on client events. Your creativity, organizational skills, and vision will assist our organization in spreading our ideas, amplifying Coqual’s visibility, and improve our organization’s growth through events that effectively communicate our new ideas, our strategy, and Coqual’s brand personality.
The ideal candidate for this role should demonstrate exceptional organizational abilities, a great mind for planning, superb interpersonal skills, multi-tasking skills, and excellent time-management. This role reports to the Events Manager.
- Brainstorming and implementing event plans and concepts
- Take the role of virtual producer during the client events
- Act as first point of contact with clients for any speaker requests
- Troubleshoot issues raised by staff related to events
- Work with the Events Manager to develop procedures for effective events
- Identifying great speakers
- Work with sponsors contacts on logistics for events
- Developing event feedback surveys
- Handling post-event reports
- 1-2 years events experience, virtual and in-person
- Direct experience in events planning
- Communication and marketing skills
- Project management experience
- Highly Organized
- Good time management
- Expert interpersonal skills
- Interest in, and passion for, diversity and inclusion preferred
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits.
Location: New York, NY
How to Apply
Please email the following to [email protected]:
1) a resume, and 2) a cover letter that explains why you are interested in this job.
Applications will be processed on a rolling basis. Only those whose application is being considered will be contacted. No phone calls or emails, please.
Coqual wishes to attract the best talent to ensure we are delivering on our mission. We believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success. To meet this goal, we must have a workplace where differences are appreciated and respected. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, physical and mental disability, national origin, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.