Coqual is a New York based think tank that conducts research, builds community, and advises companies to design diverse, inclusive workplaces where every person belongs.
Coqual currently works with 100+ companies, many in the Fortune 500, and is organized along three pillars:
- Coqual’s Task Force of member companies – a community of global business leaders who are committed to diversity and inclusion.
- Ground-breaking research and publications on the most important issues in diversity and inclusion.
- Advisory services through our consulting group, which helps companies implement Coqual research.
This position is presently 100% remote due to COVID 19.
The Bookkeeper will have responsibility to assist in basic budget analysis, but also be directly involved in accounts payable and accounts receivables. This position will need to be able to not only follow procedures, but also be able to suggest process improvements. An ideal candidate will be someone comfortable with managing the full range of responsibilities from basic financial analysis to mailing checks.
Success in this position is predicated on a high level of analytical ability, establishing and maintaining respected internal relationships, highly effective communication skills, and the ability to deliver high-quality and high-impact deliverables. This position will report to the Finance Director. This role is part time (2 days a week).
- Perform payroll functions in an accurate and timely manner, and submit payroll taxes
- Conduct reconciliation of all accounts on an as needed basis
- Maintain and balance the general ledger in an accurate, complete, and up-to-date manner
- Perform all activities related to the accounts payable function including reviewing, coding, and processing payments
- Perform account receivable functions including invoicing, deposits, collections, and revenue recognition
- Prepare financial reports through collection, analysis, and summarization of data
- Interpret and apply accounting policies, rules, and regulations to all work in order to ensure compliance with applicable standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 3-5 years relevant experience working in accounting and bookkeeping
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient skills in QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel
- Experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and general ledger
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong attention to detail, deadline-oriented, time management
- Data entry management and analytical skills
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits.
How to Apply
Please email the following to [email protected]:
1) a resume and 2) a cover letter that explains why you are interested in this job.
Applications will be processed on a rolling basis. Only those whose application is being considered will be contacted. No phone calls or emails, please.
Coqual wishes to attract the best talent to ensure we are delivering on our mission. We believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success. To meet this goal, we must have a workplace where differences are appreciated and respected. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, physical and mental disability, national origin, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.