Coqual is a New York-based think tank and consultancy that conducts research, builds community, and advises companies to design diverse, inclusive workplaces where every person belongs.
Coqual currently works with 100+ companies, many in the Fortune 500, and is organized along three pillars:
- Coqual’s Task Force of member companies – a community of global business leaders who are committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- Groundbreaking research and publications on the most important issues in diversity and inclusion.
- Advisory services through our consulting group, which helps companies implement Coqual research.
The Research Associate provides support for Coqual’s work across all pillars, taking on a significant role in conducting research on topics relating to diversity and inclusion and talent management. The Research Associate is responsible for identifying and analyzing external research to help support project needs, including for research reports, proposals, presentations, webinars, and project report-outs. They will also support the development of project plans and contribute to qualitative research gathering.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in literature reviews, experience conducting interviews and/or focus groups, have conducted an independent research project in the social sciences, team communication, project management, as well as awareness and interest in emerging issues of diversity and inclusion.
This position will report to the Senior Project Manager of Research.
Responsibilities to include:
- Conduct extensive literature reviews to help identify trends and key topics related to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace
- Contribute to developing questionnaires for interviews, focus groups, and surveys
- Gather, aggregate, organize, and clean data using Excel and NVivo
- Assist in conducting focus groups and interviews
- Analyze and synthesize data into impactful and effective insights and themes
- Communicate findings in a clear, concise, and actionable manner
- Fact check findings against external data
- Conduct external research using both web and academic sources
- Support project manager on developing project workplans and managing production timelines, with an eye for flagging potential obstacles and blocks
- Lead tracking of time-sensitive external stakeholder commitments such as approval documents
- Effective communication skills and strong initiative in proposing recommendations and improvements
- Communicate clearly and effectively in day-to-day written and verbal communications with team members and/or clients
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience conducting literature reviews
- Highly detail-oriented in approach and execution
- Creative problem-solving skills, with ability to independently build solutions
- Thrive working both independently and collaborating within a team structure
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with ability to manage multiple workstreams
- Experience managing projects
- Effective verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Advanced ability in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook skills
- Consulting experience or experience working with corporate clients a plus
- Experience with publication production and Adobe Suite a plus
- High energy and passion for Coqual’s mission including diversity and inclusion topics and workplace solutions is essential
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits.
How to Apply
Please email the following to [email protected]:
1) Resume and 2) a cover letter that explains why you are interested in this job. Please include any relevant qualifications and experiences. Please include DE&I issues you would be interested in researching on or have previous experience researching.
Applications will be processed on a rolling basis. Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted.
Coqual wishes to attract the best talent to ensure we are delivering on our mission. We believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success. To meet this goal, we must have a workplace where differences are appreciated and respected. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, physical and mental disability, national origin, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristics protected by applicable law.